Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

rOuGh
on 2001-04-12
 F-Keys!

How do I interrogate the F1,F3 etc.. keys

Via I receive the ASCII codes of every single letter from the set BASIC commands (GRAPHIC etc..) but I want ONE single ASCII codee for each F* key, on C64 it'S $85,$86 etc..

Any help?

Posted By

Mike
on 2001-04-13
 Try direct to the hardware....

If your coding in assembler then try direct to the hardware. Theres a doc with some info here....

http://www.scotch.demon.co.uk/plus4/programming/hardware.htm

mike

Posted By

James
on 2001-04-13
 Defining Function Keys in ML

It was in my "Programmer's Reference Guide" after all, just not listed in the index!

Page 172: "There is an unofficial ROM subroutine that redefines a function key. Store the key to redefine (0 to 7) in $76, the address of the new definition in $22-$23, load .A with the length of the definition and call the subroutine at ."

Hope this helps!

James

Posted By

James
on 2001-04-13
 Defining Function Keys

In BASIC:
FOR I = 1 TO 8 : KEY I, CHR$(I+132) : NEXT

In Machine Language:
Function key defenition length table is at $055f to $0566. Function key definitions themsevles are stored at $0567 - $05e6. The function key definition routine is at - in KERNAL.

My "Programmer's Reference Guide for the Commodore Plus/4" doesn't give ML code to define the keys, but it was listed in a Compute!'s Gazette back in the mid-80's for the 128. Substituting the above addresses for the 128's addresses should work.

I have a 19 month old baby pulling at every book I open, so I hesitate to get the magazines out right now. Maybe I can find it in the morning before she wakes up (local time is 9:05pm, hopefully I can answer in 10 hours or so).

James

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024