Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

AaronGale
on 2005-03-23
16:03:33
 Time in the old days

I see people are saying if only they had more time then they would spend more time on the C16/Plus4.

I agree, but what amazes me is as a kid about 13 years old I would spend days on end playing a single game. Every Saturday morning I would go round WH Smiths, Boots and some newsagents who sold C16 games looking for the latest Mastertronic releases. I had a whole drawer full of the things.

Then later I started to send in Pokes to a few magazines and then was one of the main suppliers of cheats to a C16 Fanzine. See H&D Handbook in the publications section. I was meaning to scan all of these and post them online but as always where do I find the time? Soon I was buying games just to make cheats for them and it was becoming expensive (for a young teenager). I wrote to the fanzine saying I couldn't afford to keep sending in cheats. They replied with a deal I couldn't believe - They were going to send me all the latest games to create cheats for and even asked me to review them for the fanzine. It was great for a teenage C16 fanatic!

But then I seemed to have so much time even though I had school everyday, had weekend jobs, but time just seemed to last longer as a kid.

Is it any wonder people just don't have the time anymore?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024