Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

royboxer
on 2005-03-21
20:20:35
 Suicidal

Help!!!! Icicle works is driving me insane, we recently purchased a plus4 on ebay, we had one 20 years ago, I'm sure its still in the attic somewhere, I am stuck in room 12 and there just isn't enough time to complete it. I tried the cheats and when I press run/stop reset the game either crashes or restarts from scratch. The cheats I have are 6B0B 00 unlimited time, 64D5 00 unlimited men, G 6000 to restart. Are the 0 zero or nought I think they are zero. Also does anybody know of a cheat in room 3 where you can also get unlimited lives, my daughter seems to recall that there is, apparently you have to kill something and then you get unlimited lives.
I don't really want to use the cheats so if anybody has any tips for completing room 12 before it fills up with water I would be most grateful.
Oh and BTW great site

Posted By

Royboxer
on 2005-03-22
07:10:59
 Re: Suicidal

I'm trying the cheats now but when I press run/stop delete it goes back to the entry screen and aborts the game or on the odd occasion when i can get the edit screen if I type in the cheat and go back to the game Santa won't move

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-03-22
10:50:01
 Cheats

Hi there!

Did you get the game on tape? (i.e. is it an original?) Regardless, you should be able to perform a Run/Stop + Reset. I just checked, and the original is NOT reset-protected. (If a game is reset-protected, you would not be able to apply cheats without 'cracking' the game first, but it's not the case here.) The numbers in the cheats are zeroes. If you apply the unlimited time cheat, you should have no problem with room 12. Here's what you need to do in detail:

- The game is running on your Commodore Plus/4.
- At any point: hold down the Run/Stop key, and while holding it press and release the reset button at the side of the machine. Then you can release the Run/Stop key as well.
- You should see a while background screen with the word "MONITOR" displayed (and a bunch of other stuff.)
- Type >6B0B 0 and press return. Don't forget the greater than sign, you left it out in your initial post. (You can type two zeroes if you like, both 0 and 00 will work.)
- Type G6000 and press return.
- You should be back in the game with the cheat applied. Happy playing!

About the room 3 cheat: I haven't heard of Icicle Works having a built in cheat like that. I have a feeling your daughter may be mistaken. If you do figure it out, let us know, to find such an undiscovered cheat would be a shock to the community.

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2005-03-22
13:40:17

Hi, and welcome happy

Room 12 is indeed a tough one, as you need to get all the presents in the correct order (and quickly!) to avoid getting flooded in. The infinite lives cheat should help (>64D5 00) so that you can have a few tries at it happy

If you check the map of room 12 on the Icicle Works map, you'll see there's four presents in the middle (in two pairs, holding in the water), three on the left, and three on the right.

IMO, you should try getting them in the following order: the upper two presents in the middle (getting these two going left to right should cause the snowballs to block the water), then the three on the left from top to bottom, then the lower two presents in the middle, them the last three on the right from bottom to top, then leg it to the door on the right happy

Posted By

Royboxer
on 2005-03-22
19:47:51

Thanks guys I completed it tonight without using the cheats. It's a bit of an anti-climax as nothing happens you just keep going forever and ever. Oh and btw if you score more than 10.000 points you get eternal life.

Posted By

Doug
on 2005-03-24
17:26:00

Hi!

Boy do I feel guilty now! Can't beleive that after all this time that 'my baby' is still causing grief to people ... cool!!! wink All I can say is that when I put it all together I played each and every room, and knew that they were all do-able. Even if some were pretty close to the edge!

(You know, I am going to have to start coding for the plussy again ... if I ever get any time! The next game will have a proper ending!)

Cheers,

Doug.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-03-24
21:57:44
 Those special words...

Did I hear the words "start coding" and "plussy" used in one sentence?!?!

Posted By

SVS
on 2005-03-25
12:18:05

I heard it too, I heard it too, I heard it too!!! happy

Posted By

Lavina
on 2005-04-04
05:07:41

I heard it too and boy, I'll get drunk to celebrate even these words!!!! What will happen to my liver if You actually will start coding something?????? :D

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024