Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Dunric
on 2005-03-19
15:32:52
 Pairing down my Commodore collection

It comes with great sadness that I must begin pairing down my Commodore collection to a bare minimum. In 1996, I owned over 250 disks filled with games, utilities and programs. By 2003, my collection swelled to well over 600 disks!

I began pairing down my Commodore disks and equipment this year in anticipation of a move to a new residence (I even sold off my entire Atari 2600/5200/7800 games collection on eBay for a nice sum). I have since paired down my Commodore and disks collection to a smaller collection consisting of:

(1) Commodore 128-D
(1) Commodore 128
(1) Commodore 64
(1) Commodore Plus/4
300+ disks (200+ from 1996 and before; the rest are mainly backups of my existing programming disks)
(1) Commodore 1670 modem

This is my current setup, as paired down recently. However, I hope to eventually pair this down to the following minimal setup:

(1) Commodore 128-D
(1) Commodore 64
(1) Commodore Plus/4
250+ disks (200+ from 1996 and before; the rest are mainly backups of my existing programming disks)
(1) Commodore 1670 modem

I have already thrown out dozens of Commodore magazines which I no longer read. I contemplated selling them on eBay, but decided they weren't worth more than $.50 an issue. I kept a grand total of four or five magazines (mainly the RUN Special Issues, plus an issue of Commodore World).

I had a hard time parting with all the magazines and some of the disks, because it shaped such a large part of my past life. But I'm getting older now, so I've had to pair down my collection to a bare minimum in order to move on to the next phase of my life. I will still turn the 64/128 on from time to time to play games, but as far as every day use goes, that is now (sadly) in the past.

I will still post to homestead and comp.sys.cbm fairly regularly, so if you need me, just email me at: dunric@yahoo.com

Sincerely,

Paul Panks
dunric@yahoo.com

Posted By

LeeT
on 2005-03-19
19:36:38
 Re: Pairing down my Commodore collection

So did you not consider donating these magazines to an on-live archive where they could have been of some use? Why bother boasting about it afterwards?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-03-19
23:21:06
 Re: Pairing down my Commodore collection

Because this is what he does. Rather than help someone, he seeks sympathy and then never follows up on the help he "requested".

You can find other threads in this forum that he has started and never replied to.

This post was basically to say "I'm going to throw some stuff in the trash, if you want it come to Arizona and dig through my trash." Note that the only items missing from the list are a flat 128 and 50 disks....

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024