Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Dan Wood
on 2005-01-30
23:08:48
 Games Become Easier?

Just dug out the old plus/4 for a gaming session with a few beers. Fired up Speed King, must admit, don't think I've loaded it up in a good 15 years or so, used to always die when I was a kid playing that, yet just completed all 4 laps and only crashed once!

Any one else find these classic games aren't the challlenge they once were?

Posted By

Mosh
on 2005-01-31
07:09:05
 Re: Games Become Easier?

I'm not sure about the game becoming easier, I find that I'm able to apply problem solving techniques to games I wasn't very good at when I was younger, and now am able to play some of them to completion.

That said, I am still yet to complete Jack Attack, I have managed to get to level 57 (Philly) from level one. I completed it on the C64 long ago, mostly due to the C64's slower running speed.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-01-31
09:37:44

I think your statement is generally true. I find this too: I've gotten better at games that I used to play when I was younger. We're probably getting generally more experienced in gaming in general.

Posted By

Bluewatch6405267
on 2005-02-17
14:10:48

I don't think the games are easier, its just that we're older and wiser now, and better at problem solving.
I'd just bought an old C16 from eBay, it arrived today and I;d just plugged in and played Oblido. I remember, what must be nearly 20 years ago now, that I couldn't get past the 2nd level..... I've just played, not half hour ago, and got to to level 3 first time!
It's just not the same, I perfered it when it was more of a challenge!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024