Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

James
on 2001-03-28
 About downloadable games in the US:

United States copyright law allows for a copyrighted work to be protected for the life of the author plus 50 years, or 75 years from first publication in the case of a company or distributor owning the copyright.

There are some titles that were published here that may not have been released over in Europe, but they're usually text-based such as a lottery prediction program and an update to the built-in software.

My wife purchased a software title at one time that showed David Johnson as one of the programmers, and was released by a California company. When I have time, I intend to try to contact this person to see if he is the same David Johnson who wrote the Plus/4's built-in software, and if so to try to get permission to redistribute his update on the Internet for the benefit of those who could not obtain it 15 years ago.

Tri-Micro was the company founded by David Johnson and his wife to distribute computer software. They took it upon themselves to try to keep the Plus/4 alive here in the States. Most of their other software was licensed from other companies and independent authors.

But I will, when I find the 'ultimate' catalog, post a list of what they had available in 1988.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024