Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2004-12-22
04:41:12
 Tape controls

Once again a question for old tapes:
When you hit "LOAD", tape motor starts, and screen becomes blue. Well, when a filename is found, it is shown on screen for a while. Here you can press [spacebar] for load it, or [CBM] for... ?
If I remember right, the [CBM] does not skip to next title as it happens on C64.
Your opinion?

Posted By

TLC
on 2004-12-22
05:51:09
 Re: Tape controls

Pressing C= will start loading the program immediately. On Plus/4, pressing Space has no effect.

(On C64, at least some turbos will start loading if you press Space, similarly to pressing C= ... But I may be wrong; the Kernal load routine may also treat Space similarly to C=).

Posted By

SVS
on 2004-12-22
08:05:44

Is there any way to skip current title and search for next? (I mean to scan the tape when one does not knot the title).

Posted By

TLC
on 2004-12-22
08:40:26

I think there isn't . So far the only options I knew of were either C= or Run/Stop (or just wait). Other keys have no effect. The only case when pressing C= will skip loading the current file is if you typed LOAD"filename", and this filename and the current filename don't match.

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2004-12-22
12:28:48

AFAIK, the only way to skip one file and load the next is when SEARCHING FOUND X appears, press Run/Stop and type LOAD again.

Also, AFAIK, on the C64, the only difference I've noticed between pressing Space or C= is that the Space is held in the keyboard buffer during loading, which sometimes caused a few minor problems, such as pre-loading messages with e.g.: 'Press any key to continue' disappearing immediately.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024