Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Drpepper99uk
on 2004-12-19
18:41:55
 Re: Commodore 16 memories: 1984

Well it's mad that it's 20 years on from first getting my +4.I can remember vaguely opening it with my sisters(as it was a main present for all of us(£200 was a lot of money back then compared to now) and first playing Treasure Island. I had experianced nothing quitelike this before.

We always used to fight over who's turn it was to play on it that's half the reason why my mum and dad wouldn't buy us one in the first place.The excitement of loading a game and typing in LOAD..........oh what memories.I used to love programming in the +4 organ thing even though is used it take a good hour or so. Another classic was Icicle Works I used to hate the noise of when they loaded up but I loved the coloured bars that go across the screen.The thing I really liked the most was popping down to my local Tandy shop and getting new games for it.They always used to have a huge row of Commodore 64 games and then a piddley little row of +4 one's!!!!!!!!!

I really regretted giving it away back in the very late eighties only to make way for a NES which compared to the +4 was heaven(instant loading games for a start) But it's only this year I have managed to purchase a fully working and mint condition +4 with all the games that come with it under the Commodore label and the joystick too.

To sum up I'd recommend anyone reading this who once owned a +4 to consider purchasing one.My kids haven't a clue as to what it is and they laugh at the thought of loading cassette games and not cd's like you do with the Playstation but this is what has amazed them and they too are getting to enjoy using it because it's simple and the games are effective and not like today's multi graphic and all singing and dancing games.

Long live the +4!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024