Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mosh
on 2004-12-19
07:23:44
 Re: Commodore 16 memories: 1984

Rachy, this program of yours, is it in the database??? wink

I remember Xmas '84 when I got my C16. I wasn't even expecting it, and was a little disappointed when I realised it wasn't a C64. Never fear, that disappointment disappeared soon after hooking it up and playing Jack Attack (which would bring me back to the C16 almost 20 years later in 2000 when I bought a replacement machine to play, yup, Jack Attack). I was rapt with the little machine. I never became a programming guru or anything because of it, but just as a games machine, my C16 blew everything away as far as I was concerned. Every week or so I'd look forward to getting a new Mastertronic or Gremlin game (we didn't get much else in Australia), and spent much time monopolising the TV.

Being as I was about the only person I knew who had a C16 (much less a +4, those things were expensive), I didn't have anyone else to learn from or bounce ideas off. There must have been other owner, because the games sold ok here.

Spector said it all as far as I'm concerned. There isn't a day that goes by now that I don't load some game on my current machine. Cheers! happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024