17:20:16
 Re: Plus4Vampyre - Superfile16 Photo

A little hard to see but the Commodore machine in the image is a C64! happy

Posted By

Plus4Vampyre
on 2004-11-26
17:22:40

Yeah I see - the same pogram was also available for the Spectrum - but without a computer on the cover

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-12-04
16:02:52

Any reason why this is not in the database?

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-12-05
07:18:36

I've yet to fire up the beast on which the scanner works.. Been very busy this last week.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-12-05
09:40:56
 Re: Scan

Well, that's cool. To have the scan is one thing, I was wondering why it's not added to the database. You know, someone comes along, checks our little site, they must know that Superfile 16 existed! The... public... MUST!... know!... All right, maybe they don't, but still let's add stuff like this next time once the existence is confirmed. happy

Posted By

Plus4Vampyre
on 2004-12-05
19:54:14

I read about "Superfile 16" and I saw a Spectrum cover of this program. In the plus4.emucamp forum I found that Lando discussed about an ebay auction - I also was wondering why it is not in the database anyway ...

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-12-06
05:02:18

Csabo, as I said to Plus4Vampyre via PM. Superfile16 was something James C wanted which I got for him off eBay and asked it to be a unique item to his site. Thats why its not here..

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-12-06
14:07:14

Ah, I see. Well, it's listed in the db with not much info, I guess that shouldn't be a problem to anyone.

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-12-07
18:52:08

Cover, Tap and PRG are here. wink

James C has had the pleasure of a long exclusive to it so her she is. If you've yet to see it then dont get over excited because its basic launguage, but what I did play with I thought it to be very good for what it was. Also note the tap does not have a turbo... Good old Tynesoft of old aka 1985.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-12-07
19:58:54

Nicely done, thanks for putting it up! I played with it too for a while, it was cool. Do we know the original retail price?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-12-07
22:32:28

Actually I don't even know if it's on my site right now or not.... I remember asking Lando about it, and it appeared in my inbox. Things after that point are very fuzzy. I guess if I've had exclusive for it and it's not on my site by now, I can't complain!

I found another "lost" title two days ago. I'm in negotiations to obtain it as we speak. This title I had never heard of before, and it's in Canada, so it may be a CBM Canada release.

I do have an original Superbase disk here (two of them, actually, both version 2.02), and two boxes and books. One package is white with colored stripes as the new picture on this site shows. The other is black with gold and white printing. I've scanned them both but have been too busy to upload a lot of stuff to my site.

< Crossing my fingers > I hope to get some website work done this weekend if the children cooperate..... and nobody gets sick.... and the nice weather holds up....

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-12-07
22:41:59

Another note about Superbase - the copy protection on it requires either:

a) making a G64 of the disk, of which YAPE only recently supported; or
b) making a D64 and adding a textfile to the ZIP explaining how to reproduce the copy protection, so that the disk will work if copied back to a real floppy.

I'm leaning toward option ( B ) as that would allow most all of us to use it, either on floppy or using a D64 editing program. Option ( A ) would be more along the lines of Lando's past uploads, keeping the file as close to the original as possible, but not all PC/Mac/Amiga software can process G64 images.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024