Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Drpepper99uk
on 2004-11-20
05:29:59
 Transfer of downloaded files to tape??

As mentioned in the topic header can this be done? I know there is a lead out that lets you convert zip files from your PC to the commodore 1541 drive but I haven't got a floppy drive,only a tape player.

Also does anyone know if the game gauntlet was ever released for the plus/4? I used to love playing this game on the spectrum with it's voice effects.I'm trying to locate a user manual and programming book for my plus/4 but I haven't had any luck so far even after scouring Ebay for over an hour.

Michael.

Posted By

Spector
on 2004-11-21
11:54:30
 Re: Transfer of downloaded files to tape??

You can use a program called ptap which will convert plus4 tap files into tape loading noises that will play on your machine. This is what I use and it works a treat.
Don't know about Gauntlet though, don't think that was released, even as a late homebrew like Fist+4 or Commando+4

Posted By

Mosh
on 2004-11-21
13:41:46

Some of the more technical folks here could answer this, is there a method to convert .prg files easily to tape in the same type of way that PTAP converts .tap files?

As for Gauntlet, I don't think a version was released for the C16/+4 series commercially, but Mastertronic released a passable Gauntlet type game with with Storm.

Posted By

Spector
on 2004-11-21
17:43:30

Yeah I did it. prg files can be made into tap files and then played back through ptap. You have to use the latest version of the YAPE emulator and a turboload program. I asked about this a few weeks ago and in the thread there is a set of instructions on how to do it. Once you've done it a couple of times it's easy. Let me find the thread...

Posted By

Spector
on 2004-11-21
17:48:21

Here it is.

The turboloader is called Megacopy v1.1
Basically, go to the bottom of the thread and there is an explanation how to do it. This creates a tap file like the ones on this site, in other words it plays in ptap no bother.

Incidentally, this turboload creates tap files that load C16 games in about 50 seconds! So it's actually better than the original tapes! happy

Posted By

Mosh
on 2004-11-29
18:40:17

Cool, cheers! happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024