Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Spector
on 2004-10-26
09:48:23
 Still can't get a tape version of Out On A Limb

Because this is a multiload, it's particularly difficult to get in tape form via ptap. Using ptap with this game just brings up "file size does not match header!" I assume this is because the initial load is not as big as the full 3-part tape. I've tried making TAP files from the prg files of this game on this site using the otherwise reliable megacopy, but to no avail. Anyone know how to get a TAP of this game that will play back using ptap?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-10-26
16:24:52
 Re: Still can't get a tape version of Out On A Limb

This happens because the file size does not match the header. happy Okay, so what does that mean? Every TAP file has a header, 14 bytes at the beginning of the file. This is not part of the actual TAP data. It contains an identifier string, version numbers and such, plus 4 bytes which should be the length of the actual data. I just looked at the file from our site, and it has 0 there. This is not a problem for YAPE (or any other emu I think), they ignore this field. But it seems that ptap is using it. So I opened up a hex editor and typed the length of the file there, and updated the ZIP on our site. Please re-download it, and try again, see if it works. I hope it will!

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-10-26
17:12:17

With out looking Out On A Limb was recorded as a half wave if I remember correct....
I dont honestly know because I have never used ptap..........., but back in the day ptap did not support halfwave recordings because halfwave is/was a unique feature that only c16/plus4 uses and maybe why the tap doesn't seam to work after using ptap. ??

Posted By

Spector
on 2004-10-26
17:29:44

It may not work for that reason Lando, but if it was merely down to hlf-waves, the error message would have been different, so I am hopeful that it will work.
One thing, Csabo - there are several Out On A Limb files on here. Which one have you updated? I know it's probably obvious, but I want to make sure...

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-10-26
18:40:29

This one: [ link ]. It's the TAP file for the Original, here on Emucamp. Hope it works!

Posted By

Spector
on 2004-10-27
07:32:12

Csabo, I tried it and it plays back on ptap. I then played the tape file on my plus4 and it worked no problem! happy
Well done Csabo, you really know your stuff to be able to sort out that problem within 24 hours of me discovering it. wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-10-27
17:02:10

happy Great to hear! Weldone again Csabo!!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-10-27
18:40:01

You're more than welcome, guys. happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024