Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Smeghead
on 2001-02-16
 Games that don't work?

Hi there!

Was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this problem I have. I've just recently come across the C16 emulators on the Net, and it's certainly a blast from the past! My old C16, which is still around, just no longer works, so it's good to be able to get most of the old games on my PC now.... but...

Most of thrm aren't working. I've got my two old faves working OK, Artur Noid and BMX Racers, but others that i loved just don't seem to work. I've tried WinEMu and minus4 on them, but they come up with 'break' and 'Syntax error' etc, and sometimes just don't do anything after I type in run.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I need another file, or should I try another emulator??

Can anyone help????

Ross

Posted By

Endre Nagy
on 2001-03-27
 broken games - size differs

I've experienced the same problem with all the games.
I don't know why, but the solution is: try other browser. (Maybe the webserver tries to do netscape user agent down?)
Downloaded with IE5 the games work.
The ones I've downloaded with netscape, don't work.
THEY DIFFER IN SIZE!!! (each prg is ~100 bytes longer with NS 4.7)

Gumo

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-02-16
 Some help:

First of all if the game is named:
reach_for_the_sky_sys8192.prg

The game will start from using the SYS code at the end. Once loaded type SYS8192. This game and many more start with SYS codes because if I was to add basic to the game it would mess up some of the graphics.

Another game named:
dingbat_g3000.prg

Here G3000 is the starting code to run the game. Once loaded type MONITOR to enter the machine code monitor then type the starting address G3000.

For now it's best to run the emulators as a PLUS/4, many games are larger than 16k.

If you need more help look here:
http://plus4world.com/help.htm

Last of all. Use YAPE as this supports the real tape images called TAP. Once the TAP as been added to YAPE it works just like the real thing. Type LOAD and press F5 to press play on tap.

All games work! Most emulators can run a good 95% correct at least! I have added some of the best working game cracks you can find any were and a big thanks to all who have helped aswell!

If you still have problems please make a list of your fav games and I will help.

regards,

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024