Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

cyclops
on 2004-09-18
19:11:13
 Kazik and the Ghosts <-> Fred

I just found out about this game called Kazik and the Ghosts. It looked kind of familiar and I tried it out with the C-16 emulator. The makers of the game should have had their asses sued by a company called Quicksilva. Not just because the game is a clone of Quicksilva's Spectrum game called Fred but also because it's so unbelievably bad! Where Fred was very playable, exciting and addictive, this Kazik-what-ever is totally unplayable, slow and repulsive.

I guess all this doesn't really matter any more (20 years after), but I just had to raise my voice after I found out that my favorite childhood game had been ripped-off so terribly...

peace out

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-09-18
20:05:56
 Re: Kazik and the Ghosts <-> Fred

Why should Quicksilva sue anyone? They only re-released this game in the UK. (I think the copyright belongs to the authors - Indescomp, a software house from Spain.) Second, there's no company to sue. As far as we know "Braintron" is just one polish fellow, so his works are considered amateur works.

The games are definitely very similar. Did you ever think that the author wrote his C16 game because he liked the original that much? And besides, borrowing ideas is not that uncommon it happens all the time in real life and also very often with computer games.

And unfortunately the whole phenomenon is all too common, even when the original publishers converted commercial games to the C16, it ended up pretty bad (e.g. Ghosts'n'Goblins).

Posted By

RĂ¼diger
on 2004-09-20
17:13:06
 Re: Kazik and the Ghosts <-> Fred

Kazik an the Ghosts was a game from 64'er Sonderheft 14.

From the 64'er exits 3 Sonderhefte (extra paper mag from the 64'er): 3, 8 and 14. Sonderheft 3 and 8 was for C-16/116 & Plus/4 and for the VC-20 together.

64'er is any papermag-label from Markt & Technik.

I think Quicksilva has no release for the c-16, Purple Turtles is the copyright of Quicksilva, but released by Commodore.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024