Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-09-07
19:50:25
 [OT] Atari Re-releases Old Games

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=528&e=1&u=/ap/20040907/ap_on_hi_te/games_atari_reissues (English language)

Summary: Atari is releasing old VCS-2600 games on CD for PS2 and XBox, and a new miniature game system with 7800 games built-in. The 7800 will have an unreleased game: Sabotuer.

Now if Commodore BV would do something like this, instead of demanding money for downloads or supplying crappy conversions of old C64 games.....

Posted By

TMR
on 2004-09-07
20:59:39
 Re: [OT] Atari Re-releases Old Games

Commodore BV's first step is the C64DTV which doesn't run "crappy conversions" but is apparently a hardware emulator running the original C64 titles ('cos i heard they were looking for people to remove the crack intros for it! =-) The "X games in a stick" concept was same first step Atari made down this road along with Jaks Pacific and (by a strange coincidence) Ironstone's sister company DC Studios; Commodore BV might well be following in Atari's footsteps so an emu CD for current consoles might be a future product...

Posted By

Plus4Vampyre
on 2004-09-08
08:06:36

The future is near... - Tulip plan to release the c64-direct-to-tv in october 2004. It inlcudes the classic games Summer Games, Winter Games, World Games and Californial games - have a look to :
http://www.commodore.net/site/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=5&tabid=45&itemid=2&sitemid=9&prod=17&cat=1

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-09-08
09:09:31

c64-direct-to-tv is joke. Arguably the worst collection of games for such a box of tricks. Thats not what C64 was about... Ok, its not a full list yet but still... what a pile of cack so far!!

Posted By

Plus4Vampyre
on 2004-09-08
09:50:13

Well I loved Summer and Winter Games - ok my favorite game was Alternate Reality and Mad Doctor - but interesting could be the future releases "...Game download and connected joystick multiplayer functionality not available on this release..." - not ot this release - but on future releases???? We will see, but i would be great to download "Mad Doctor" to a c64-direct-to-tv or play "Wizard of Wor" in a multiplayer mode...

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2004-09-08
11:51:29

The full list of games can be found here.

But some of those games require keyboard controls, and I doubt they'll be able to modify the games, seeing as they can't even remove the crack intros...

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-09-09
09:21:59

Nice find Ulysses777.

Its an old skool box of tricks with most games dated way before our time, (if you were Plus/4'd that is).

I love Nebulus and already have it on the C64. wink

As for Chips Challenge, that was the reason I bought the Atari Lynx all those years ago and California Games came free with the handheld. wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024