Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

pzsolt
on 2001-01-29
 Commodore rights

Hi all,

who is the current owner of the rights of the Commodore machines (C64, C16, Plus4)?
Or who knows the following developers?
- F. Bowen
- J. Cooper
- B. Herd
- T. Ryan
(They created the C16,Plus4 family)
Who designed the TED chip?

Greetings,
Zsolt

Posted By

Akira
on 2001-02-16
 Right on target *nt*

- Akira
Shmups Mk2 - Showcasing the best 2D shoot'em ups ever!
.:[ http://www.shmups.com ]:.

Posted By

Mermaid
on 2001-02-15
 Ermm...nope.

Actually, Gateway only obtained the rights and patents of the Amiga, and not the Commodore name/logo/patents.
Tulip apparently owns the Commodore logo and name, although I'm not sure if they also own the rights to the C64/C128/Plus4 etc. A PC has actually been launched under the C64 name, it's a cheap thingie with everything built into the keyboard, it can be connected to a TV set and is being shipped with a special edition of the CCS64 C64 emulator. ...And it runs Windoze 3.1... A bit sad if you ask me...

Oh, and as you probably know Gateway is no longer the owner of Amiga, it has been bought by Amino, although Gateway still holds the rights of some of the patents.

.Mermaid/Creators/Crest. (Scoopex on the Amiga)
http://mermaid.c64scene.org/

Posted By

Mike
on 2001-01-30
 C= rights....

Gateway own the lot....

Posted By

pzsolt
on 2001-01-30
 Thanks!

Many thanks! And do you know some URL address of that who owns the rights at Tulip?

Greetings,
Zsolt

Posted By

Rudi Chiarito
on 2001-01-30
 Commodore rights

As far as I know, the rights to Commodore's name and technology are owned by a subsidiary of Tulip (a Dutch company, for those who don't know).

The C16/+4 team involved:
Fred Bowen - system software (i.e. the kernel, oops, kernal)
Bil Herd - Hardware design
Terry Ryan - Basic
Dave Diorio (D'orio) - TED

I don't know who J. Cooper is. Dave Haynie, who later designed the C128, A2000, A3000 and A4000, also helped completing the hardware as his first task at C=.

I hope that helps!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024