Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-07-11
14:23:47
 Re: 2004 MiniGame Compo

Competing, you mean? Good for you, Luca. But that doesn't prove me wrong, if anything, it proves me right.

I've been thinking a lot about this whole compo, and came to the conclusion that the only genre worth writing would be a platformer (or jump-and-run if you prefer). That's definitely an arguable point, but I think winning will come down to playability and lastability. Action games (shooters) don't have lastability in 4K. A lot of other games will suffer from playability issues. Adventures, one would think, should also be good candidates, but given what went down in the past two years the message is clear: the people don't really like adventures. So that leaves us with platformers. (And remember, some of the very best games EVER, on ANY computing platform are jump-and-run games.)

I saw the preview of your production (yes, it's a platformer), and it rocks. The sprites on the C64 are a HUGE advantage. All the extra code that would be "wasted" on a Plussy game to produce decent soft-sprites can be used for anything extra on a C64 game...

I don't think it's realistic for us to dream of a Plus/4 game winning. But to be in the TOP 3... That would be possible. If only someone took the time to write a game and enter.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024