Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Alex Smythe-Ross
on 2001-01-21
 Wow

Just found this site after discussing the old days with a friend, we both agree that some games were much better back then because you couldn't hide a crap game in fancy graphics, there weren't any graphics by todays standards, instead developers had to put some gameplay in there. Many moons ago, I had a C64 & a Plus/4, one of my favorite games was IK+, I was Bruce Lee on that game. I once heard that it was released on the PC many years ago but, I have found no evidence to confirm this. Is there, anywhere, a beat-um-up for the PC that uses the same control system that IK+ did, because all these other games have about 4 million moves scattered about the joypad and all you have to do to become a GOD is randomly press the buttons on the joypad as fast as you can and watch those moves, crap, absolute shite. I prefer the old "Mr.Miyagi" method, "Danielsan, you trust quality of what you know, not quantity." Too bloody right. Part of the fun on IK+ was to try and come up with a winning combination of moves given the 18 (was it) prefixed on the joystick. Don't matter now, I have C64 & Plus/4 emus available to me.

Another favorite game was Icicle Works, that was great fun.

A favorite on the C64 was Hypersports, once I had a cheap trackball for the C64 (switches left & right) and a friend of mine was able to set the record for the 100 meters by leaving blood, from his palm, on my trackball. He only did it so that no-one would even try to beat it, nobody wanted to re-create the pain.

Anyway, long live the Plus/4 & C64 of course.

Posted By

Akira
on 2001-02-03
 Body Blows

These games had a control method similar to that of IK. Push the button and the joystick in one way, and you made a move. You had many combinations and one special (done by keeping the button pressed for a while). No SF2-like stuff involved.

Methinks they're the last games which used this method, and you can find Amiga and PC versions of them.

- Akira
Shmups Mk2 - Showcasing the best 2D shoot'em ups ever!
.:[ http://www.shmups.com ]:.

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-01-21
 One button Ik+ games.

PC would of been the wrong machine.

Atari ST had many Ik+ type games and more than any other machine at the time. I can't remember any names of the games, such along time ago.

I used to pay to play on Atari's and Amiga when they first came out. A shop in our town had like 20 of each machine and you payed by the hour to play any games at any time. Those were the days

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024