Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chris
on 2004-04-23
12:53:27
 So excited, new website

Hiya, I couldnt believe it when I was playing round with a web domain registration and found www.commodore16.com was available. I quickly registered it and can't wait to start work on my new c16/+4 project.

YAY

Chris
www.tq-gaming.com

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-04-24
04:46:17
 Re: So excited, new website

Very cool happy

Posted By

Plus/4 Team
on 2004-04-24
04:48:31

Hi User ! This is very very Stuff ! happy Congratulation By Plus/4 Team

Posted By

Chris
on 2004-04-27
05:12:17

Hi again,

Ive got my work in progress site uploaded to www.commodore16.com, but having teething problems with the frames, which are starting to drive me mad. I will get there eventually. Hopefully by tonight I will have sorted them out.

Chris

www.commodore16.com
www.tq-gaming.com

Posted By

Chris
on 2004-04-27
08:07:40

I think Ive got the Frames sorted out and it doesnt feel too bad. Its there for everyone to have a look at, what do you think? I'm trying to make it look as original as possible.

Chris
www.commodore16.com
www.tq-gaming.com

Posted By

Bionic
on 2004-04-27
13:13:33

Just do not use frames, they are a nuisance anyways. Frames are so 90ies..

Posted By

Bionic
on 2004-04-27
13:14:17

P.s.: Guess how your current site looks on my 1600x1200 screen with large fonts...

Posted By

Chris
on 2004-04-27
16:09:56

Your right, but I have only been involved in web design on a limited bases. Until I feel confident with my skills it will stay the same till then. I hope people can put up with it when using high resolutions. Trying to please everyone was difficult but I did a survey of the most used resolutions and think I've hit the majority.

One great bit of news for the site is a major retro software site who sells brand new games on tape and disk has offered to sponsor the site. This will be in the format of a competition page where visitors can win actual unused software for the commodore 16/+4 provided by this site. For the first day of broadcasting I think this is amazing and a good sign for the future.

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-04-27
17:28:18

Good work there Chris! Always great to see another site join the family!

Almost brings a tear to the eye... Once apon a time Plus4 World was almost the very site you have now. wink

Just an idea. Have the A-Z games index at the top and bottom of every A-Z page.

All the best and keep up the good work!

Posted By

Bionic
on 2004-04-27
18:13:09

Chris: the best way is not to use any fixed dimensions, you can also define the frame sizes in relative units.

Btw - you may want to check out other emulators like Yape and Vice happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-04-28
08:45:05

>Have the A-Z games index at the top and bottom of every A-Z page.

Good idea! Done.

Posted By

Chris
on 2004-04-28
11:45:30

You guys are really helpful, thanks. I'm going to have a go with the frames over the next few days and put the A-Z on everyone of the games pages. Everyday something new is appearing, yay. I think this might end up taking over my live.

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-04-28
16:52:39

Csabo, some where along the line that was a job on the list? Maybe I asked? wink

Things was I got used to how it was and never thought twice because the A-Z was on every page. The thing that pointed it out more was Chirs's frames with no option other than to click back and reload pages.

Nice addition anyway! happy

Posted By

Chris
on 2004-04-28
17:04:25

Hiya guys,

I've just read the information on my site from your home page. Thank you very much happy Tonight has been a busy one, I've got the forum working and the competition page moving along nicely. By the end of the weekend the site should be alot more functional. But it won't stop there as I will be constantly improving things.

Thanks alot again for the support.

Regards,

Chris

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024