Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-04-09
19:14:41
 [OT] Get rid of spam

Just a little off-topic note, but it probably affects a lot of us. I recently installed SpamPal (website: http://www.spampal.org), and it does an excellent job of getting rid of all those unwanted emails. It was easy to install (I use it with Outlook Express, but it works with many other email programs), and it does a fabulos job! I spent a lot of time trying to set up filters in Outlook Express, but basically they suck (don't work well, easy for spammers to go around them.) Bottom line: it's good and it's free, what more can you ask for? More time for Plus/4 stuff I guess.

Posted By

MC
on 2004-04-10
08:55:21
 Re: [OT] Get rid of spam

it looks good and user friendly happy
i suggest exporting all your email addresses for whitelist however happy

Posted By

MC
on 2004-04-10
08:56:24

Oh shit
There's something went wrong, i've got this response after posting:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: NONE://10.1.1.12:80http://plus4world.com/forumpost.php?

The following error was encountered:

Zero Sized Reply
Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Your cache administrator is root.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Sat, 10 Apr 2004 12:55:37 GMT by squid4.ztnet.com (squid/2.5.STABLE1-20021126)

Csabo please delete my dupes wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-04-10
12:56:15

The nice thing about SpamPal is that it will automatically create a whitelist for all your friends, colleagues etc. from whom you receive non-spam email on 7 separate days. They seem to have thought of everything. wink

Posted By

SVS
on 2004-04-13
02:42:59

Thank you Csabo! You saved me happy

Posted By

MC
on 2004-04-14
03:57:24

Okay this program got me inspired, now i'm working on a bayesian spam filter, that's gonna be way better happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024