Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2004-04-02
10:45:11
 Graphic coordinates

Ok, it's time to return serious.
I would know if the pixel' coordinates expressed as "polar numbers" are really standard on the +4 Basic or if even they are an hidden feature.

Example: DRAW 1,10;20 (notice the ";")

Thank you

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-04-02
17:07:15
 Re: Graphic coordinates

Hmm... I just checked this, and at first was a bit surprised that this actually works. You CAN draw segments by specifying LENGTH ; ANGLE. Is this undocumented? I quickly opened up my (Hungarian) basic handbook, and found that under the DRAW command they do not mention this, but right there was my own (decade-old) handwriting saying"why don't they mention that you can use angles?". Same in the English user's manual and two other Hungarian books about the Plus/4.

But I did know this even back then, which must mean it is probably documented somewhere. Interesting though wink

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2004-04-02
18:53:58

In the Basic 3.5 encyclopedia in the English user manual, at the end of the Basic statements list (page 157 in the US manual), there's an additional note about using length and angles. It only uses the LOCATE command as an example, but says that it applies to all graphic statements.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-04-02
21:49:35

Ulysses is correct, it is not mentioned in the alphabetical listing of commands, but on its own page (as an afterthought?).

The Programmers' Reference Guide for the Commodore Plus/4 (USA) does not mention it within the alphabetical listing either, but instead mentions it on page 198:

"The second type of relative coordinate is polar. Instead of specifying an absolute x and y coordinate, you specify a distance and an angle from the pixel cursor's current location. The distance is specified first, then seperated from the angle (in degrees) by a semicolon. Example: CIRCLE 1,15;45,25

So not only does it work with DRAW, but the other graphic commands as well.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-04-02
21:57:11

As an afterthought, I consulted the two German Plus/4 books in my library, only to have them both laugh at me. happy

Neither "Alles U(umlaut)ber den Plus4" nor "Das groBe Plus/4 Buch" mentions this.

Posted By

bubis
on 2004-04-08
03:11:59

He-he! That's great! happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024