Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

purep​ilgrim
on 2004-01-30
18:52:12
 Oh my god..can someone please tell me how to download these or point me to a guide

i know i just posted a previous one but looking at these old games has brought back some unbelievable memories and i have gotten quite emotional. 20 odd years down the line and i can still remember playing these games and i have the feeling of being right there just as a little lad.

Can someone please let me know if i can download some sort of emulator (which one) i have a brand new up to date pc which i have built. Or if there is a guide on how i do it, can you point me in that direction please. Would be so so grateful.

thank you

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-01-30
19:10:13
 Re: What a long subject line

Hi there,

First of all download YAPE, it's an excellent emulator. Simply unzip the file, and run YAPE.EXE = instant Plus/4 on your PC.

Most of the games that are here on the site can be downloaded. You probably want to create a GAMES folder, and save them there. Once you have them, just press F7 in YAPE, and point it to a downloaded game, and that's about it wink

If you have any specific questions, or run into some problems, feel free to post here, we have a nice crew hanging around and we'll be more than happy to help out a fellow Plus/4 freak.

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-01-30
19:14:05
 Re: Oh my god..can someone please tell me how to download these or point me to a guide

Most of us use YAPE for Plus4 emulation.
Home page: http://yape.plus4.net/

I'll use the game Icicle Works to give you directions.

Link: Icicle Works page

Most files for C16/Plus4 use the ".PRG" file type extention. On the Icicle Works page your find the "Download:", any download that states EMUcamp is downloaded from here. From YAPE's menus you find "LOAD PRG", use that to load the game and then type RUN and press RETURN.

Have a look and play with YAPE's menus for sound, joystick support and loads of other options and features.

Your also notice on the Icicle Works page "TAP" files, again ".TAP" file type extention. These are images of the real tapes. Yape can load these and they load in the same way as they would on the real machines. This may make you cry seeing those flashing coloured lines as the game loads, and yes it takes just as long! wink

If you need any more info/help lets us know.

Have fun!

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-01-30
19:15:13
 Re: Oh my god..can someone please tell me how to download these or point me to a guide

opps, Csabo beat me to it wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024