Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2004-01-15
08:20:29
 Script+ converter

Hello,
I need a converter from SEQ files generated by Script+ to plain ASCII files.
Is existing any utility able to do this? (PC Software will be accepted too).
Thanx

Posted By

Doggy
on 2004-01-15
21:09:19
 Re: Script+ converter

Check with James C. I remember that one of your group (BushRat) wrote converters for all of those formats. He had them in CEE64 Alive!, in his Plus4 column.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2004-01-16
04:05:59

so, I am not the only one who had problems with the server... happy

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-01-16
20:43:35

Script/Plus saves in Commodore ASCII. If you need to convert to standard ASCII then any PETSCI to ASCII converter will do.

However if you wish to save the formatting of the Script/Plus document, special spftware is needed. I can check Jim's archives, I'm sure he had one in there....

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-01-16
21:13:10

I have checked Jim's archive, and what Jim has labelled as a Script/Plus converter is a Commodore to ASCII converter. It does not adjust any formatting for standard ASCII.

There is a way to force Script/Plus to save a textfile without the formatting codes (as it would output to the printer, but on disk instead). When you enter Script/Plus, select Epson printer, ASCII mode, Serial interface. Load your document (Script/Plus will reformat it upon loading), then Esc-O (Output), S (Store file), and assign a filename. This MUST be done on a real machine, it errors out on YAPE (unless I'm running an older version, I'm running 0.52 release on this machine).

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-01-16
21:15:18

... I forgot that the website uses left and right brackets (Shift-comma and Shift-period).

Load your document (Script/Plus will reformat upon loading), then Esc-O (Output), S (Store), and assign a filename.

This must be done on a real machine, or on the most current version of YAPE (I am running YAPE 0.52 on this machine and it doesn't work here, haven't tried the newest version yet).

Posted By

SVS
on 2004-01-21
02:32:48

Many thanks James.
I did try on my real machine, but the result is the same one I obtain by reading the SEQ file with any Windows-WP like Wordpad. Shortly a great part of the original text is OK, but still with all control/formatting chars.
IMO the main problem, anyway, is the capital letters that are not understood by Windows, and that result in unreadable chars.
I know that Script+ uses the same format of EasyScript for C64: is exeisting any utility able to convert their files to plain ASCII?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-01-21
22:55:33

As I said above, any PETSCII to ASCII converter will work.If you do not have one then let me know and I will post a few.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024