Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Eagle7
on 2003-12-30
 Stupid question! How do i load pirate adventure in yape?

I load the PRG file but it will not 'run'. is there a special command or method to this?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-12-30
 Re: pirate adventure in yape

That's a very valid question! Let's see then: Pirate Adventure was released in cartridge format, and so it's stored in a special way. (Technical details: the .PRG format is simply a 2 byte loading address, and then the data. The CRT or BIN or ROM files do NOT have the 2 byte loading address, it's just the data itself.)

Bottom line: the .PRG files that you can download from Rulez and all those other places are useless (unless it's not a problem for you to cut off the first two bytes with a hex editor). You need a .CRT file instead, like the one on our site. So:

- Download the ZIP file from us (here's the direct link), and unzip it.
- Start YAPE.
- Click Machine | Configuration.
- Click Browse next to ROM C2 Low (or ROM C-anything Low), and select the unzipped .CRT file.
- Click OK, and that should be it!

A picture is worth a 1000 words, so here's one... Good luck with the game!

How To Attach ROM Files In YAPE

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-12-30
 Re: Stupid question! How do i load pirate adventure in yape?

Nice display Csabo!
Could be an idea to have an FAQ section, then from each crt page download you could have a link to this very info.

There's more here for using cats on other emus: http://plus4world.com/cartridges.htm

Posted By

Eagle7
on 2003-12-31

Thanks very much. I'll give that a try.

I had also downloaded the crt but did not know what to do with it!

:-D

Posted By

Mosh
on 2003-12-31

I sent Lando a zip of Scott Adams Scoops which contained a .TAP of Pirate Adventure in November I think. I hope he got it, but if he didn't let me know, and I'll mail it again.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-01-02
09:10:50
 Mosh: Re: Scott Adams Scoops.

I'm pretty sure he didn't get it, as all submitted stuff makes its way to me too. If you are going to re-send it, please cc it to me as well.

Scott Adams Scoops is MOST WANTED stuff anyway. We'd finally have Voodoo Castle and Buckaroo Banzai for the first time on the Plus/4.

Posted By

Mosh
on 2004-01-03
10:21:11

No sweat... first thing tomorrow.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-01-05
14:42:31
 Re: How do i load pirate adventure in yape?

Just to close this topic, it's worth mentioning that thanks to Mosh, we now have the C16 version from the Scott Adams Scoops tape. So there's a TAP and a PRG file as well (Pirate Adventure C16).

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024