Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Neccy
on 2003-11-30
 HELP, Rec Games & New Games

Hey there,

The other day I thought I'd browse the internet for C16/Plus4 stuff and was amazed to see such a fantastic site dedicated to it... I have d/l a few emulators and games and loved playing them again.. however this spurred me to take my c16/plus 4 out of the loft and play a few games that i dont think you have on here, or at least I couldnt find them... I have so many games for my c16/plus4 many of which you have but what I wanted to know is how to you record the tapes into roms images for the pc?

I have looked into this a little and i know its got somthing to do with tap files , so how do I make them into tap files? And also how do I make them into prg files?? Finally how do you reverse the proccess and record them back onto tape??

If someone can answer these questions for me i'll gladly upload the rom images complete with case scans (there all in 100% good condition)

cheers

Neccy

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-11-30
 Re: HELP, Rec Games & New Games

I would first recommend that you give us a list of tapes you have, so that we can select which ones are not already available for download..... this will save you much time. happy

Otherwise you can search for the programs you already have by using the search function (in the titlebar above, below the graphic) and only convert the ones that are not alreday available.

Converting the tapes to emulator-compatiable files on the PC usually involves an X-1531 cable.

Now, the games you have may not have cover scans available for us to see here on the site. Your contribution of missing covers would probably more appreciated (unless you have an extremely rare game that nobody else seems to have!). happy

Posted By

Neccy
on 2003-12-01

List em all , that would take ages! I'll take a looky at the game db though and list ones you havnt got, thx for the info

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-12-01

PRG's are the save files of the c16/plus4. Games with out Novaload and the like are basic memory saves to disk or tape and these are called PRG's.

If you have a new PC running XP you won't be able to create tap images as your need to be running under DOS to do so with a tool called MTAP.

Minsterel's Commodore Page the author of Mtap Link: http://markus.brenner.de/

PTAP is his tool for recording taps back to tape. His page has a lot of info and a guide on making that X1531 cable.

Have a look around our site first, use the search if you can't find anything your after. We have around 90% (maybe more) of all releases (1984-1989) in one form or another. There is always the odd surprise poping up now and again so fingers crossed on what you may have happy

Just incase. Use YAPE as its by far the best C16/plus4 emulator ever! happy

Posted By

Neccy
on 2003-12-02

Exellent , thanks for those links , i think I may make that cable with my new soldering iron I got recently happy

I was looking for that link as people had mentioned it before but I kept finding old links that led to a 404 page... so thanks for that...

Last question I have then is how do you make PRG files? Does Yape do this?

Posted By

Neccy
on 2003-12-02

ooo yes it does , happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024