Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

billdeg
on 2003-09-27
 Re: I have TWO Plus/4's and they both have the same monitor problem...

here is an update.

After re-testing I found that I was inaccurate with my original post. TWO of my Plus/4's have the problem described in the original post to this forum, not 4. The third completely does not work. I do not have a forth plus/4 (I have a C16 instead). sorry about that. I was working from memory and I was mistaken.

regarding two of my plus/4's...

I power on the unit and attach to a 1702 monitor. on the two units I see diagonal lines "snow" that is green and orange. I take it this is the text color of the basic ready prompt screen, but I can't read the text itself as it's tumbling all over the screen in a diagonal pattern.

I am using a 1702 monitor. I am familar with commodore hardware and I am a computer professional so I am being very careful when I plug into the monitor. I use the monitor with c128, c64 (with newer video jack) just fine so I know the monitor is OK.

I have tried the POKE 65287,72 and this had no effect. I do not believe that I have a PAL unit.

The serial number of the first computer is CA1060929
The serial number of the second computer is CA1065388
Both computers read "Plus/4" on them (not +4C).

I have not tried to run any programs yet, I am only in the testing phase. I am willing to sacrifice the third plus/4 to fix the other two, or two to get one working.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024