Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Bionic
on 2003-09-24
 Software project proposals

I just wanted to propose two programming projects I considered doing but do not have the time to. Maybe somebody else is interested in doing them or gets some inspiration happy

1) Adding ACIA support to contiki

Contiki has already been ported to the plus/4. However there is support for a network. In contrast to the C64 the Plus/4 does have serial interface in hardware, allowing speeds up to 38400baud. This could be easiliy utilized to add SLIP-support.

2) JPG-Viewer

Yes, there is a JPEG-Viewer for the C64. Source available here: http://www.ffd2.com/fridge/jpeg/
Adapting this to the Plus/4 FLI should really rock!

Posted By

bubis
on 2003-09-25
 JPG-Viewer

Yeah, that would be cool. But I am afraid it would be tragically slow. But the c64 source is avaiable and a greyscale viewer should not be difficult to create. Hmmm.

Posted By

bubis
on 2003-09-25
 JPG-Viewer source

Have you got the ascii soure of the decoder or can you convert it to ascii?

Posted By

MagerValp
on 2003-09-25
 RS-232

ACIA support for the Plus/4 will be included with the next release of cc65. Ullrich is in the process of changing drives into loadable modules, and the 6551 driver is one of them.

Posted By

Bionic
on 2003-09-26
 Re: Software project proposals

bubis: Just try some better editor (Context comes in to my mind) or use a hex editor to change the first two chars into a space.

Posted By

bubis
on 2003-09-26
 Re: ascii source

Yes, I discovered this meanwhile. happy

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-09-27
 Re: Software project proposals

Regarding software development for the Plus/4 and C16 -- there will be some expansion from the US side in the next few months, as I am coding several programs as my children allow me computer time. Also, SVS has a surprise or two up his sleeve... wink

*My* current projects include the GEOS/1541 conversion as granted by the current distribution-rights holder, as well as a Texas Hold'em Poker game and another Compute's Gazette disk. I also intend to release to the public some never-before-found-on-the-Internet Plus/4 software once licensing and linking issues are settled with various copyright holders and webmasters, but the current project (for the next few days anyway) is a redesign of the www.cbm264.com website and it's little brother www.stormpages.com/plus4/.

The biggest hinderance to the GEOS project has been a working 1551. Once again I call to all 1551 owners, if you have a spare unit, please contact me regarding a loan or purchase.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024