Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

orion70
on 2024-08-21
06:46:22
 adventure solutions

Hi guys, I retrieved from and old Italian website the solutions for two old Italian text adventures, namely L'anello di Lucrezia Borgia (Lucrezia Borgia's ring) and L'astronave condannata (The doomed spaceship). Please tell me whom should I send them to happy.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-08-21
09:16:51
 Re: adventure solutions

You can send them to me via email (which you can find on my profile page).

Posted By

orion70
on 2024-08-22
02:52:21

Done, thx

Posted By

orion70
on 2024-08-30
13:10:31

aaaand DONE happy
Thanks Csabo!

Posted By

orion70
on 2024-10-02
09:47:50

[provided with the games original intros by the Author (in Italian), now working on maps]

L'Astronave Condannata

L'Anello di Lucrezia Borgia

Posted By

orion70
on 2024-10-03
08:27:05

Uploaded map and polished/simplified the solution for L'Astronave Condannata.

This mini-adventure game was published in a book to teach how to code adventure games. It is not "polished" in every aspect, but it is clever and you enjoy solving it. If you want to introduce someone to the world of adventure games, this is a good starting point.

In this game, you are the Captain of the Neutronia, a transport ship with 250 passengers onboard. Having delegated your second-in-command (2IC) to take care of the trip, you are sleeping in your cabin when you feel hot. In your dreams, you believe you're on a tropical island or in a desert, but when you wake up you realize there is something wrong - very wrong - with the ship's reactor.

You are good at piloting, but not good at technical issues, so your first reaction is to look for your 2IC to tell him to solve the problem. Unfortunately for you and the passengers, the 2IC is unable to help you this time. You must act quickly before the engines overheat and explode. After all, you're the Captain, you'll be blamed if anything goes wrong, and you'll be praised if everything goes well.

The parser is a simplified version of Colombini's Modulo Base, meaning that it understands both the verb+object and verb+article+object syntax. Although this is a mini-adventure, the parser can understand 24 verbs (including synonyms), 6 directions, 19 objects, and 18 definite and undefinite articles. You can save and load your situation, too.

Most of the eleven rooms have limited descriptions, or no description at all. Nonetheless, you do feel pressed to act, because the reactor gauge keeps raising at every turn, and the game reminds you that something is wrong by telling you the perceived temperature.

You cannot get stuck. Really. Everything is very simple. You can die if you're too slow, or if you don't know how to deactivate a reactor or use a depressurized chamber, but that's to be expected. Puzzles are logical and well placed. They are not difficult, it is an introductory adventure game, after all.

The only place where most people could get the sequence wrong is when deactivating the reactor. However, there are enough hints to get it right.

Overall, my vote is 6.5 happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-10-03
09:02:57

Nice! Map is up, thank you. Also thanks for the review, sounds interesting (but the language barrier prevents me from trying it).

Posted By

orion70
on 2024-10-04
08:20:38

Thank you. I'm working on the map of Lucrezia Borgia's Ring, which is more complex (and the game is complex too, and very fun, maybe one of the best by E. Colombini).

Next task could be to translate this latter adventure to English, with the permission of the Author of course (are you reading us Enrico?). In fact, there's no English version of this adventure yet IIRC.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024. Support Plus/4 World on Patreon