Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

barry​emery@hotmai...
on 2024-04-19
12:37:22
 Home Screen

Hi, can anyone help me resolve a issue? Basically I have the computer tuned on an analogue signal channel 36 to a gaming television that supports this. And it does tune in correctly to the signal, but only displays a clear gray screen. I have tried turning the power from the plug and the computer on and off, but it still will not show the hone screen, just the gray screen. I have also tried the reset button while the computer is on, but alas no response. Can anyone help with this?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-04-19
14:12:43
 Re: Home Screen

Have you seen Diag264? I don't know much about hardware stuff, but its creator @crock is active on the forum (and perhaps can help more happy)

Posted By

MMS
on 2024-04-21
10:50:38
 Re: Home Screen

If I correctly decoded what the grey screen means: you see the proper start screen without colors?

If yes: you seems do NOT have the PAL /NTSC issue, as you have a clear but grey picture. But we should not forget there were several parallel standards in the past. SECAM, SECAM DK, PAL, PAL BG.

My best guess you have a PAL /SECAM issue, they have different color carrier frequency. I am not sure how the composite signal behaves in this case, but worth to try to get the video signal from the video connector and try the side AV or Scart input of the TV

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024