Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-08-21
 Stellar Wars / Blitz

Were these two released only on the compilation cassette? If so, then the separate records for Stellar Wars and Blitz 16 should be marked as 'cracks', since we will never have covers for them. Who can confirm this?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-08-21
 Re: Stellar Wars / Blitz

Blitz was released in Italy as 'Bombolo' by a different company than Commodore. SVS has the original cassette.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-08-21

That would count as a separate release (and needs its own details, prg, TAP and coverscan). The question still is whether either one of these two were separate commercial releases.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-08-21

Also the same issue with Space Sweep and Invaders. Were these only released as the combo cassette, or existed separately as well?

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-08-21

Space Sweep & Invaders: As far as I know they were released as one, 2 games on the same cassette. I also have (cover only) the cover of the Commodore UK release with picture on the front.

It is also believed after chatting with David Whittaker back at Back in Time 3, that he wrote Space Sweep. He said he wrote a space shooter game for Commodore on the Commodore 16 but could not remember the name!

Also I think all 10 (covers) releases (11 games) that came with Plus4 were all sold separte and these are the ones with the full colour (like my Space Sweep & Invaders cover) images on the front and back. I've seen acouple on eBay from time to time.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-08-21

Ah Csabo, no they should not be marked as cracks, but each having their very on pages as they do now. Both pages can have the same cover and both can have info to direct the person the the others game page???

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-08-22

>>Blitz was released in Italy as 'Bombolo' by a different company than Commodore. SVS has the original cassette.

The released was named "Grattacieli", not "Bombolo".

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-08-22

My apologies, SVS..... you are correct. happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-09-10
 The Solution

Everyone is pretty quiet today... Anyway! I created a solution to this problem: there is a new distribution category called As compilation. Individual commercial games that were only released on compilation tapes (Panzer Duel, Space Sweep and Invaders are perfect examples) are now marked as such. This way we don't call them cracks - they aren't. But they are not marked commercial either, since they were not individually distributed, so the totals and statistics don't count them. Cool! (Even if I say so happy)

I also added a new group category (besides demogroups and companies): Software Label. MicroValue is one. It's really TyneSoft's label, but it's so much nicer this way, so that anything released with that label is listed separately at it's own place.

Posted By

TMR
on 2003-09-10

Microvalue was Tynesoft...? i know they were owned Flairsoft 'cos they paid us for the Ninja Rabbits soundtrack, was Flairsoft another name for Tynesoft then?

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2003-09-10

From what I can find out from Google, Tynesoft went bust sometime around 1990, and Flair was formed by ex-Tynesoft staff.

Probably a similar situation to the recent Anco Software/Floodlit Software situation.

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2003-09-10

UPDATE: Flair Software has now changed it's name to Microvalue!

http://www.microvalue.net

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024