Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SukkoPera
on 2024-04-08
03:58:03
 Re: Mouse Extension v1.0

@bszggg:

I think we can ignore JiffyDOS for the moment. Knowing that the driver is not compatible with it is probably enough for now.

Yes, those schematics are for the original SIDcard by Solder, which is what ReSeed is based upon, but you can also take a direct look at the ReSeed project design files since it's a totally open project.

Anyway it works the same as Solder's SIDcard, which in turn should be the same as CAE/NAE in "basic" mode, i.e.: SID registers are mapped to $FD40-$FD5F (and additionally to $FE80-$FE9F) but you are already reading these correctly since the mouse moves well when I hold the left mouse button. The joystick interface, which you need to read for the buttons, is mapped at $FD8x, you just read that and the lowest 5 bits will report the status of UP (bit 0)/DOWN (bit 1)/LEFT (2)/RIGHT (3)/FIRE (4), with 0 meaning pressed and 1 meaning released.

The 16UP card was designed to be fully compatible with the +4 userport, meaning that when it is plugged in a C16 it will be able to run all the +4 software using it (except for this issue, which has larger implications anyway, as you will notice). The ACIA is available at $FD00-$FD03 and the parallel port is at $FD10, just like a standard Plus/4. There might be issues if you use other addresses from the $FD1x range but that is because my machine also has a 256k Hannes-style RAM expansion, so please stick to $FD10 only. If you want to send me a program that just does the ACIA detection, I will test it.

16UP is also an open project BTW, all design files are available here.

I think I have been trying to collaborate enough, as I'd really like to get this working on the C16. I can also arrange to send you some cards but that will take some time.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024