Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-08-08
 Mastertronic Return...

Found this over @ Computer and Video Games web site in the news today.
Click here for their news story..

Posted By

Spector
on 2003-08-08
 Re: Mastertronic Return...

Obviously the writer of that article was not the biggest fan, but I think the C16 brought the best out of them. I thought "BMX Racers" was a great little game.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-08-08

Yeah the write up was cack, but intresting Mastertronic are back. Will they hunt us down and ask us to remove games? I dought it..

From my point of view near on all C16/Plus4 games from Mastertroic are gems!

Posted By

Spector
on 2003-08-09

Now that you mention that, it's true that while I hardly played them all, I never remember playing a C16 Mastertronic game and thinking - "god, thats rubbish". Pity the same couldn't be said for some of the full-price software houses...

Posted By

TMR
on 2003-08-09

One thing to remember is that Mastertronic's most crappy stuff came out at the very beginning of it's lifespan, prior to their making a major commitment to the C16, the bulk of their early C64 relelases for example were by the Darling brothers and built with their Games Creator engine and some modifications (BMX Racers on the C64 was like that, the boasted end sequence on the cassette inlay just isn't there on the actual game and the last level is so fast it's impossible!)

The second generation of Mastertronic games were a lot better and the C16 seems to have fared particularly well on top of that. =-)

Posted By

Mosh
on 2003-08-12

What would be really cool is if they re-released updated versions of their old 8bit games for the PC like the Jack Attack guys did here: http://www.jackattack2.com/home.html

Imagine an updated Frenisis... that would be well out there.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024