Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Harry Potter
on 2023-12-29
11:00:55
 AdvSkelVic65 updated!

Hi! I just uploaded the latest copy of AdvSkelVic65. Updates include save game support, better text compression and some optimizations. Also included are some bug fixes. You can find it at https://sourceforge.net/projects/cc65extra/files/. I have to apologize about the start-up screen asking if you want to load a saved game and not doing so. However, typing "load" or "save" in game seems to work. I'm thinking of creating a Sci-Fi text adventure based on a space station but can't figure out a plot. If you want to create a text adventure for small computers, try it out. I'm working on the latest hi-end version but am getting problems with the 128k Plus4 version.

BTW, the PET version had a bug where the room description's capitals are being displayed as punctuation characters. I got around this, but I don't know if text compression is working properly there. sad I also fixed Out of Memory errors there.

Posted By

Harry Potter
on 2024-01-06
10:05:11
 Re: AdvSkelVic65 updated!

There is a small typo in the info file: the stub sizes were off. The Vic20 binary without save game support or text compression was actually 1.80k, but today, I decreased it to 1.77k. Other sizes decreased similarly.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024