Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Haegar
on 2023-12-26
14:37:10
 Joyport SId Card and WheelofJoy

Hello,
and another question from me. Does anyone know how exactly the joystick query works with the Solders SID card? I misplaced my old documentation. It should be the register $FD80, but I don't get any feedback about it. The SID card works, I tested it with TRON 6, but $FD80 is not requested anywhere.

The next question is, does anyone have the Wheel of Joy from SukkoPera and could test something for me? I'm not sure if mine isn't working properly or if there's something wrongly programmed.

Wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Haegar

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-12-26
14:56:15
 Re: Joyport SId Card and WheelofJoy

Tron 6 mentions 3fach Joystickadapter, and on that page (hardware) you can see some docs. Looks like the register should be $FD10, not $FD80.

Hope this helps happy

Posted By

SukkoPera
on 2023-12-26
16:45:41

$FD10 is the Userport (base) address, it's the one to be used for reading WheelOfJoy and the 3fach Adapter (the former is compatible with the latter).

To read the SIDcard joystick port, Solder's own SIDcard schematics indicate $FD80 (actually $FD8x):

That's what I implemented in ReSeed and I assure you it works with Joystick-Testprogramm, so it really looks like it's the correct address. If it doesn't work with your card, it might have a damaged 74LS245 (note that the joystick circuit is totally independent from the SID circuit on the SIDcard as far as the direction and button signals are concerned, so even if the card makes sound, that doesn't imply the joystick stuff works).

The schematics also suggest that it should be enough to read that address, and the joystick data will be returned.

I have both WheelOfJoy and ReSeed, so I can help you with the testing, but you will have to wait a couple of weeks.

Posted By

Haegar
on 2023-12-27
09:22:48

Hello Csabo,

Tron 6 has the following controls:
Player 1 + 2: plus/4 joystick port 1 + 2
Player 3: SID card joystick port
Player 4-6: 3 joystick adapters

My WOJ originally worked well, unfortunately 2 cables came loose and they were probably not secured well when re-soldered it. I think that will be clarified this evening.

@SukkuPera
I'll test it again with the SID card soon. Thanks for the tip about the test program.

I would like to take part in the competition with the game, the deadline for entries is December 31st. . I'll probably send it in as a beta version.

Edit:
Small error, the joystick query via the SID works now :-)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024