Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2023-11-16
17:34:37
 Re: SoundX - An AdLib card on your C16/+4!

Wow, the next great project, I really like it!

Well, adding aMIDI out port makes this my favourite card... Adlib had a very nice and distincive sound, if programmed well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylOlyd7c_tQ

You may know I have a theory, that C64 Sound Expander originally created for Plus/4, but due to it's problems on the market they modified the Expander to fit to the C64. Just watch out the charcoal black housing! It had no sense on C64, but would have been a great success on Plus/4, especially with the Sound in/out signals on Memory expansion (it requires an additional cable on C64 to mix it to the C64 SID audio). I suppose those musics on my link have their own format we can also play...

The MIDI out feature: it is visible that the 6551 JUST able to follow the MIDI speed, and with more than 10 channles it slows donw, but that's OK, it is just 19.2kBaud. It sounds great, and only with 4-6 channels and Yamaha XG it could be perfect. I just need a little more money to realize those ideas grin

Anyhow, I am in. I will order this PCB as soon as available on PCBWay (as I remember your usual way, I like them). How to program the OPL/OPL2... Frankly speaking, even Hermit's TED music editor is too complex for me grin

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024