Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-10-15
15:56:11
 Re: A large pack of previously missing...

For posterity, here's the full list, all OKTA releases:

* A Mechanikai Kölcsönhatás
* Gabonatermelés
* Gyakorlás I
* Hazánk Mezőgazdasága
* Kölcsönhatások
* Magyarország Éghajlata
* Magyarország Felszinének Kialakulása 1. Rész
* Magyarország Felszinének Kialakulása 2. Rész
* Magyarország Szénbányászata
* Szénhidrogén Termelés
* Témazáró I
* Vaskohászat
* Villamos Energia Termelesünk

There's really not much to talk about these. It's clear that OKTA was cutting corners when producing the actual cassettes: they basically printed just one generic cover, which has load instructions for all systems, and the program's name is added onto these with typewrites.

Cheap, for sure. Not much to look at, but seeing as how these were probably targeting elementary schools and not end consumers, it makes sense.

Even so, the programs themselves are pretty basic (no pun intended). '87 was certainly a different world happy

I guess there's one thing to note here; if one takes a look at Gabonatermelés, it looks like there are freeware versions of these programs; this one was written by (private). I found him at this university, but no email address unfortunately. It would be nice to get in touch with him, if for nothing else, but to let him know that his old work has been found and archived. (Perhaps ask some questions about how these programs came to be.)

Two new games as well; Meno Mano and Meteor (Basic), the latter is surprisingly a commercial release. The game is clearly amateur work though.

Anyway, big thanks to Lacus happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024