Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

BSZ
on 2024-01-22
18:39:56
 Re: FlexSD firmware for SD2IEC drives, VCPU R2

@SukkoPera: Thank you!

I forgot to write in the opening post: there's also an updated package of test programs, including a new test for testing 40-track disk management. Plus I have (finally) written a changelog for the firmware, briefly describing the changes. But they are all linked on the site.

Status update 2023.Dec.15:

I made a new package, here is the FlexSD firmware 1.2.0 alpha3! But you can also find sources and updated test codes on the usual page, of course.

There are two notable changes from the previous version:

- This may not be of interest to anyone but me at the moment, but a preliminary version of ARM2IEC hardware support has been completed! (This brings the total number of supported devices to 9 types of hardware. happy ) I don't think it's too important at the moment, this development will be interesting later. I've been meaning to do this for a while, but due to a recent shortage of chips, I couldn't get the right hardware to make/test it.
- This in maybe affects all users: I may have found a common bug (?) while testing the ARM version. This is in the handling of the error channel: when the drive has sent the last data (with correct sign), it does not finish sending. However, the machine's KERNAL will - of course - cuts off receiving data. And he usually succeeds, therefore no error is visible. But when this fails, communication breaks down. I have only experienced this problem with a combination of ARM2IEC and C128, probably due to some timing mismatch. But the logic so far is incomplete; as soon as I coded the exit, the error disappeared. happy

Since I really didn't want to touch this part of the code, this version needs more thorough testing! grin So please everyone who can, please test! Thanks!

(I have also replaced the links in the opening post.)
Edit: clear old links.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024