Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SukkoPera
on 2024-03-05
09:31:31
 Re: LittleSixteen V4

Yep, this was ENIG. You are supposed to do the soldering only once, so the only place where it really matters is the edge connectors IMHO. Anyway the board will be on PCBWay and all the design files will be available under CC-BY-NC-SA as usual, so everyone will be able to have it manufactured their favourite way happy.

I don't recommend buying this assembled for a number of reasons: first, it will be superexpensive, as it's not SMD. Second, if you do the build yourself and it doesn't work, you probably know where to look, you can check which components you bought, etc. Third: I think that nowadays everyone who wants to play with retro stuff MUST have a decent iron and good soldering skills, as this enables them to build A LOT of exciting stuff at a near-zero cost and to carry out repairs and maintenance (which become more and more necessary as time goes by). It doesn't take very much to be honest, and doing such a board is a lot of practice wink.

I still have some old TVs but there are HDMI upscalers around that do a good job without significant lag. The OSSC is supposedly one of them, but I have never tried it personally.

UPDATE 05/03/2024
Assembly and testing of V4 has finally started:

Facebook post with more pictures

Basic functionality is ok, Hannes RAM is working, SID works too but needs some tweaks. Joystick swapper does its job. Video quality is even better than before.

Userport and a bunch of other things still need to be tested. I will hopefully have news on that soon.

And well, I don't think I've mentioned that here but I'm also working on a mechanical keyboard, and this project is also close to completion:

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024