Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2023-10-04
19:02:38
 Re: Blob Fox

Hope you don't mind me sharing this Verona, found your reply in Youtube comments as found it hard to figure out how to play. Nice game btw. Been playing it on my steam deck.

I'm Verona of System Syndrome, the creator of Blob Fox.

I see there are a few things that have come up as questions.

First thing: The dog doesn't have a level reset, he just tears you up a little bit, but then you get out and you can continue on the level.

Yes, you have to repaint the level 4 times.

It works with Joy1, but I prefer the arrow keys and SPACE.

But the trap kills you completely, so not only do you lose one attempt, but since you die from it, you unfortunately have to start all over again.

After picking up the eggs (counter at the bottom shows how many you have left) and repainting the level, the foxhole appears, where you have to go in and that completes the level.

You can also use the SPACE (or FIRE) button to activate the rabbit power. This will make the fox disguise itself as a rabbit and as the dog is trained to hunt foxes, it will not hurt you at this time.

On every level, if this bar is empty, a rabbit will appear sooner or later. If you manage to catch it, the bar will refill.

Every other level is a dark level with different music.

Traps are only on the light levels and not all of them.

The score is only shown when you have completed the game, then you can take a picture of it. What is the point of the score if you are dead?

The dog speeds up a bit on each new level, but slows down if you die, a kind of dynamic difficulty level.

When the game stops for a moment, it means you've reached another 100,000 points, so you've got a new life.

But if you were paying attention on the first level, when the trap appears, you saw something interesting at the bottom in the display bar.

Because the game is not what it seems. But you'll find out if you watch the scroll at the beginning of the game. If you collect and decipher all the codes, you'll find out what this thing that looks like a game really is.

Deciphering the first code can help you find the others. Miss one and you won't see the others.

Oh, and long press ESC key to exit the dance ending. (Of course, I think on the Plus/4 's ESC key.)

There is a Pause function. Enable/disable with P key.

That texts at the dance ending, or tango ending, have meaning, it's connected to the game's lore, that I mentioned.

And if the time's up, on light levels, the hunter's coming!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024