Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

BSZ
on 2023-09-25
16:29:28
 Re: Covox Speech Thing - parallel port adapter

@SukkoPera: Thank you for the explanation. I couldn't find any information about the TFW8B version. But the linked "pluggable" version looks compatible with SW2 ("ShadoWolf2" r1.2.).

The configuration FUSE bits is not exactly overdocumented. grin There are several problems: the documentation of the chips is also quite chaotic, I think they often just copied from one chip's documentation to another. But the mix-up could also be because certain bits mean different things depending on how much program memory the chip has. happy I didn't want to write any document on this, because so far the topic hasn't been the construction itself. But it might be worth it, because you would have to make own hardware for it. There would be a lot more possibilities if a few details on the electronics were changed. grin

No program is needed to retrieve the version if the device is available on unit number 8. BASIC 3.5+ has this built in, type:

PRINT DS$

This command queries the status of the last used¹ drive. After RESET, if no drive has been used, will be unit 8.

(¹For completeness: the last used unitno of disk commands counts, e.g. DIRECTORY, DLOAD. Plain LOAD does not.)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024