Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Imperious
on 2023-09-07
04:39:31
 Reducing Vertical bars and lines

I've been playing around with a Lumafix type of circuit on my plus/4 for a couple of weeks or so. I built a small circuit the same as what is used for Lumafix on the c64. Essentially it's a 74ls14 and some 2.2k pots and 47pf capacitors.
The c64 uses the AEC and Clock input to the VIC-II. That does not make any difference with the TED Chip. i also
tried inverting and non-inverting (inverting twice) the CAS, R/W, BA, Clock input, and IRQ signals
After a lot of trial and error I found that inverting the RAS and MUX signal gives the best results. There is one big downside to this in that it causes blurring and ghosting to the text which is most noticeable on the BASIC screen. Using one of those cheap S-video to VGA converters through a passive HDMI converter gives acceptable results on my 32inch LCD. If anyone wants to try this good luck as there is no guarantee it will work with Your TED or setup. Also try this at Your own risk. I had no problems except where I tried to directly connect some signals not through the 74ls14 and I got a black screen but all was good, no dead TED. As is the case with the c64, some colour combinations show more lines than others.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024