Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2023-09-04
17:58:43
 Re: Covox Speech Thing - parallel port adapter

I suppose the Lotharek's 6502Plus4 CPU replacement fulfills the requirement to have Hannes compatible 256KB RAM. (although it is 512KB SRAM).

It is easy to swap and just need to solder one wire to the mobo.
In this way at least some dozens of compatible machines may exist, including mine (if I am right with the compatibility, never tested the mentioned demos).

(OFF: integration of the modules... BTW few months back we have a discussion about how you can integrate more functions, and modules into the small computer.
The memory expansion slot due to it's strange pitch is very hard to reproduce, so one of the reasons why Solder chose to make the memory expansion multiplexer with C64 expansion port connectors (widely available,but has less pins). I was just thinking, it such a standard modern connector may exist, that may provide the necessary number of pins (needed for the expansion port), but easy to buy and have a reliable connection. 50 pins of the 264 memory expansion is simply too much (C64 had 44 with more functions, as it can do NMI and real memory expansion with REU).
In my mind I had originally the ZX Spectrum cute ROM Cards and a expansion module with 3 or 4 slots you can connect specific smaller cards with different function, and the expansion port extender may have it's own 5V DC power source. The 50 pins of the Expansion slot is a lot, but there is eg SCSI connectors and plugs with 50pin though hole pins, could have reliable connecton, not to mention the pretty cheap IDC 50 pin connectors and sockets)

update:
50 pin
https://www.ebay.it/itm/133463866718?hash=item1f1310fd5e:g:0vMAAOSwGUlfC2H1

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024