Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Harry Potter
on 2023-08-09
06:52:53
 Smir 3, 1 Preview/Plus4 available!

Hi! I have a preview version of a Sci-Fi/Fantasy text adventure called Smir 3, 1 for the Plus4 and C64. Othe versions are pending. It is available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/cc65extra/files/game/. I ask you to try them out and tell me what you think. Csabo, I ask you to upload this to the Plus4World web site, water down the info file there and provide a link to the full info file. Thank you.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-08-09
08:57:19
 Re: Smir 3, 1 Preview/Plus4 available!

It's up. For the name of the game, I used the name from your post, as it's unclear:

Filename: Smir3d
Game: Adventures on Planet Smir III, Episode 1
Info file: Adventures on Planet Smir 3, Episode 1

Even though this is a Plus/4 only release, the game says "Commodore 64". I tried walking around a little, I typed "e, e, w" and then the game crashes (I know, it's a preview). Good luck with the development!

Posted By

Harry Potter
on 2023-08-09
09:21:14

I thank you for the bug reports. happy The reason for the typo on start-up is that there is also a C64 version, and I forgot to change the text for the Plus4. Typing "w" seems to cause the mentioned crash. I'll try to fix them now.

Posted By

Harry Potter
on 2023-08-09
09:47:06

I fixed the direction bug: I moved the function that handles going west from a stub back to the main module, and now it works. happy I have yet to fix the typo at start-up. BTW, after packaging the C64 version, I found a bug with the look verb: when looking at a category, I get inappropriate error messages. I tried to fix it, but it is still there. The reason for this is that the function that handles converting categories currently has no facility to disable error messages. I need to fix that, also. Again, thank you. happy

Posted By

Harry Potter
on 2023-08-09
09:49:19

BTW, I just saw the screenshot. Try "answer phone." happy

Posted By

Lord Voldemort
on 2023-08-09
15:53:51

@Harry Potter