Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2023-08-08
02:52:26
 Re: LittleSixteen V4

@MIK It also happened to me, but with the arcade machines LOL. Because I am not a great gamer, I spent a fortune playing Golden Axe, and never had enough money to buy one happy
I did it because my 64k C16 could not provide me this experience. But instead of changing platform, i was fufilled my demand in this way, while at home I focused on the C16s strenghts: color, gfx anx BASIC
Anyhow the Amiga port of Golden Axe at least was not terrible and I somehow enjoyed the C64 version too. I knew that this game cannot be ported to +4, and I accepted this. We are more than lucky that those fantastic games were ported to our beloved platform from C64 and Spectrum. Respect to those fantastic coders!

BTW with HW different extentions, cartridges the C64 surpassed it's original limitations. With more RAM, or the IEEE interface or with the external Z80 or other CPU extensions the C64 could became a workhorse, paired with eg. GEOS. We had much less hw developments, but with these new HW extentions/improvements we can se how our machine could perform too.
I own a C64 Pagefox module that provides 64kb ROM and 32KB RAM for DTP editing, and all this without long loading times. Eddifox (although it is very hard to get any info on it nowadays, it was a fantastic hires drawing program made for this module and could do unbelievable thingx like 3d transformation of hires gfx.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024