Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

seff
on 2023-07-26
14:20:39
 Lemmings loading screen stalled

I couldn't get Lemmings to run beyond the loading screen in Yape emulator. I exhausted all of the three options for drive #8:
1541 with CPU compatibility level
1551 with IEC compatibility level
1551 with CPU compatibility level
No good. I only got a flashing "LOADING" text and the game was stalled.

Then I deselected printer #4 as "no printer emulation".
Now I can get it to work with 1541 CPU compatibility level, however it gets frozen with 1551 CPU/IEC compatibility levels.

Here are two screenshots:

BTW, this game is out of this world and I give it 10 out of 10 points.
Another frontier conquered. Well done TCFS & team!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-07-26
14:51:35
 Re: Lemmings loading screen stalled

From the screenshot we can clearly see that you're many versions behind happy Please download the latest YAPE (1.2.3).

Posted By

seff
on 2023-07-26
15:04:08

I gave it a shot:

Posted By

siz
on 2023-07-26
15:40:06

@seff: could you post your yape.ini? I'm not sure what's the problem with your setup but I've tried with mine and worked flawlessly. Then I've deleted yape.ini, and started YaPE with default settings. After enabling drive #8 as 1541 (and of course TED sound to be able to enjoy the fantastic music) it worked. Most probably You have something set (probably forgotten long time ago) that bothers drive compatibility.
Lemmings uses my loader. Enabled printer emulation should not affect loading. (And it does not as it being switched off the game still does not work for You)

Posted By

seff
on 2023-07-27
02:49:55

@siz
I tried a fresh vanilla installation and the defect is reproducible.
Here you can find all ini files.
The only config that works is 1541 CPU only, no printer attached.

Edit:
Will it run on a real hardware with SD2IEC?

Posted By

Murphy
on 2023-07-27
02:47:30

There's no special comment option for the prods, so I'll write here that I'm shocked that this game runs so smoothly on plus/4. Congratulations TCFS, you are a wizard!

Posted By

siz
on 2023-07-27
16:49:10

@seff: just tested your .ini files.
First of all 1551 in IEC emulation mode will definitely not work (you cannot use custom loader in that mode)
1541 and printer together: it was a bug in my loader. Just fixed it. Please turn off your printer/printer emulation. Sorry.
The other two configs (1541/CPU emulation and 1551/CPU emulation) works for me. (YaPE 1.2.2, copied your config file into YaPE dir as yape.ini. Either starting the .d64 or starting YaPE and dragging the disk image onto it)

And yes, it should work on real hardware and SD2IEC. (Hopefully. But I thought that it will work under YaPE too so I'm not sure anymore)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024