Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-06-09
23:12:09
 Re: Emulation video option you never knew you wanted until now!

@MMS

S-Video to VGA: https://www.amazon.co.uk/MakeTheOne-Composite-Converter-Computer-Projector-S-Video-AV-VGA/dp/B081SBNJ58

I grabbed one of these and set the box to my monitors max resolution of 1024x768, it's one of those old brown Dell monitors from the early 2000's. As you can see below S-Video to VGA works but not thinking..., the monitor is 60hz. The picture is not sharp and has nasty vertical jail bars with some iffy horizontal bubbling on lighter colors making the picture look dirty. The Basic screen cursor showed a little tear in the square every few seconds or so which might be down to the frame rate being chopped as it's 50hz being forced to display at 60hz by the monitor. Composite Video did not display correctly, you could see the image but had white horizontal lines bleeding into the border going down the screen. Comp Video 50hz no good.

I could play Moon Buggy ok but felt more like I was using an emulator, that LCD delay to process the image makes it feel heavier, add the 50hz/60hz issue... The box is ok to mess about with but not something you would want to use long term. Old school CRT for the win.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024