Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2023-06-08
18:22:12
 Re: Emulation video option you never knew you wanted until now!

@TLC thank you for the great details on the color moire crosstalk issue.
Yeah, now I became really interested to remove that ferrit stuff from the common ground to get a cleaner color picture. Sure it needs an other ground then.
Is it a crazy idea to add a bigger capacitor between ground and this component's leg? It could smoothen the signal peaks if i am right (it was a really long time I spent any time with circuit diagrams, so most of my knowledge lost...).
BTW who cares now if any RF noise comes out from my C16? Everything is digital, even the TV signal is compressed MPEG4. So maybe the removal causes no issues, or at least till you do not use a CRT TV or monitor.

BTW I particularly know that the DELL LCD monitors with SVideo input and even with Composite givers no picture with Commodores. Really picky on the standard... I was really angry on that because I bought that 4:3 20" Supersharp monitor to be paied with my Commodores too, and would have been great on Arok parties.
Anyhow I did not give up the idea yet to add 2 helipots to luma and chroma and set the level where that bastard Dell monitor will accept it :-)
(PS sorry for the typos, it was a really looong day - updated, I cleaned up the mess :-) )

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024