Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Pigmy
on 2023-03-25
04:54:50
 Re: Elite +4: Circle Closes

@Lavina: Of course, I was only joking. There are two problems: I have no inspiration. First time in my life I am bulding my own project from ground up for years and I am doing the same day by day that I did in my childhood, I am finding solutions for rare problems again and again on an unknown passage. In my childhood I did not do anything special on my own, everything was just learning and practicing and experimentation with other's code, but that was not a real work, just a quick challenge every time. I had to save my brain somehow from destroying by school happy After a total burnout 12 years ago at LogMeIn I started to search my way back to my childhood, to the times when something worked because I liked that. It was a winding road, now I live in Zalaegerszeg again, it's the same environment, the same air, the same green nature, the same calm, the same (retro) musics, the same atmosphere and the same challenges like in my childhood, and it seems to work now. But it is about the present and the future, and now I am building my own thing and not dealing with other's code, like at LogMeIn last time (I was porting the Windows code to Mac and Linux, and later after LogMeIn, I was finishing Marton Anka's (MAT - LogMeIn founder) own hobby project and porting it to Mac and Android (DesktopEarth), my doom has caught up with me every time). So I am dealing with my own project now finally, but in the same environment like that times, this is my own "retro" happy If I didn't do this I may convert games again, just for fun. But an other problem is that when I unpack the Commodores and I start to put floppy disks into the drive again and I am hearing the sound of it, and I try to find out what to do, leafing through my old floppy disks, I am feeling my childhood again, but not the good things. All the bad things, my family problems, my lonelyness at the border of the town, that fucking school, that decrepit communist dictatorship we lived in, that so boring life - that it was actually - where I tried to find out something not to be bored (this was the way these conversions were born), and I am getting psychosomatically ill. A few months ago it was the same then I packed everyting back to the boxes and I was cured in no time.

So that's the situation, but it's just very long to describe it this way, it's much easier to make fun of it with short excuses happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024