Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2023-03-24
09:59:35
 Re: An Enigmatic Map!

Strange, that I've never heard about this game.

Especially, as I really think Mark J. Moore's games are technically outstanding from the mid 80 C16 games.

For a really long time, for me his games were the reference for the perfectly working and fast software sprites with good collision detection and precise movement. Not to mention the proper sprite priority on the bridges!
Just compare Magician's Curse and Booty! What a difference! I am sure, that even 3 or 4 sprites could be properly handled by this engine used in MC.

So thank you for the heads up, I will try this game too.

@Csabo thank you for the details on the handling of the maps. With a 16K machine all the tricks are required to get all those contents into the small memory we had.
Frankly speaking, it was a liberation when I got my 64KB internal upgrade, I could load all the demos, all the Pigmy, MB and Csory converted higher quality games, not to mention the (C64 based) Games Music, Music from C64 or the Micro-series. After that I never really looked back, and due to this, I missed some of those brilliant classic games. But now! happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024