Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Lavina
on 2023-03-11
10:39:24
 Re: Galaxian - The classic arcade game by Atari that could have been but wasn't

Did my hall of fame addition. happy Nice conversion. I did a quick run with all SpaceInvaders clones and I think that besides Galaxions being the definitive "original" we probably all grew up with, I mostly enjoyed Pulsar/Galaxy. I actually had it as Pulsar. Oh, and Invaders is also very good!! I played a lot with that one. This latter one has some problems with fire, I feel it like lagging, or firing at every 5-6 th keystroke under YAPE. Anyone else?

EDIT: After some practice, unsurprisingly I was able to get to a much higher score. What was really frustrating in the beginning, the dive attacks actually became quite an adrenaline rush in the end... Once you figure it out it's easier. My strategy is to kill one side fast and then you have a place to retreat to. What is really important is that you should not get stuck in the middle when a new level starts because it's nearly impossible to survive the lots of dive attacks that comes almost instantly then. When you are at one side, you need to look for the diagonally aproaching divers from the other side and get beneath them to neutralize them before they collide in you. It's more about watching your ship instead of watching what you shoot above... I really like this clone.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024